Consumer Directed (High Deductible) Plans
Note: All individual employers with the fiscal responsibility of funding employee HSA’s should set up an employer funding portal.
Dental and Behavioral
Lifetime Maximum Benefit
The Annual and Lifetime Benefit Maximum has been eliminated.
Children remain eligible for coverage to age 30.
Now they do NOT have to:
- Live at home
- Be full time students
- Be unmarried
- Have no dependents of their own
The healthcare plans offered by the Medical Trust offer value –added benefits for participants, they include:
The health plan includes a vision benefit, which offers in-network annual eye-exam, eyeglasses and contact lenses benefits are also included. For more information, please see Vision Benefits.
Medical Trust health plans include a hearing discount plan, which provides discounts on hearing exams and supplies.
Hearing discounts are offered through HearPO for Medical Trust plans.
The HearPO network offers discounts for hearing aids and supplies through more than 1,400 HearPO affiliates across the U.S. These discounts are also available to extended family members. To access these discounts, family members simply mention that they are related to the member and identify themselves as a member of an Episcopal Church Medical Trust health plan.
- Testing performed by licensed hearing-care professionals
- Comprehensive follow-up services at no cost for one year
- Savings on all styles of hearing instruments and all levels of technology
- Discounts on hearing aid repairs
- 60-day trial period with a money-back guarantee
- Free demonstrations of the latest available technologies
Mental Health/Substance Abuse (Inc. Employee Assistance Program)
All medical plans include mental health benefits for emotional, physical, family and legal needs. For more information, please see Mental Health.
Mental Behavioral - Therapy/Counseling
All members in the Aetna, United Healthcare Empire BC BS, and CIGNA Health Plans are receiving their benefits for Mental Behavioral supplemental through Cigna Behavioral Health.
You can contact CBH at 1-866-395-7794 and they will assist you in utilizing your mental health benefits.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), offered through Cigna Behavioral Health, is a free, confidential 24-hour a day service that assists members and their covered dependents with information, educational materials, resources, referrals, and ongoing support. The plan covers unlimited telephone consultations and up to 10 face-to-face counseling sessions per issue at no member cost.
We encourage you to promote this valuable service to your employees. You may also contact this program for advice on how to handle a workplace situation, or to find resources for helping people cope with a variety of disasters and challenging situations, such as floods and hurricanes.
The trained professional EAP staff can provide:
- 24/7 phone access for behavioral health issues
- Referrals for in-person counseling (including up to 10 sessions, per topic or issue, with no copay)
- Legal consultations
- Financial services and referrals
- Tips for balancing work and family
- Resources for more help in your community
There are also online resources on such issues as:
- Emotional well-being and life events
- Family and care-giving
- Health and wellness
- Daily living
- Disaster Resource Center
To access EAP services, call (866) 395-7794, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or sign in to the website Cigna Behavioral Health (password: episcopal).
A member needs help resolving an insurance claim, understanding a complex medical condition, or finding services for an elderly parent. How can you help?
Direct him or her to Health Advocate, where professional advocates, typically registered nurses backed by a team of experts, help members navigate the health care system.
This free, confidential service can help members:
- Find the best hospitals, doctors, and other health care providers
- Obtain second opinions
- Schedule appointments with hard-to-reach specialists
- Resolve benefits claims and issues
- Correct billing mistakes
- Better understand their condition
Call (866) 695-8622, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET.or sign in to the website Health Advocate (password: episcopal).
Travel Medical Assistance
FrontierMEDEX provides emergency medical and travel assistance for Medical Trust plan members traveling at least 100 miles from home, either in the U.S. or abroad, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With FrontierMEDEX's assistance, members have access to worldwide medical and dental referrals, emergency medical treatment, replacement of travel documents and other services.
The program includes:
- Assistance in obtaining medical treatment. FrontierMEDEX's staff will help make the arrangements for local referrals for treatment or evacuation due to a medical emergency.
- Assistance with providing insurance information and medical records for treatment
- Replacement of prescriptions, medical devices and corrective lenses
- Emergency travel arrangements and replacement of lost or stolen travel documents
- Emergency fund transfers
FrontierMEDEX is not responsible for the member's medical costs.