The diocese’s float, Pride 2012
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns
The Episcopal Church Welcomes You
LGBT Pride March 2017
Sunday – June 25 2017
Fifth Avenue, Manhattan
The Diocese of New York will again have a presence in the NYC LGBT Pride March on Sunday, June 25th 2017.
We will be marching with a DJ and a float. The diocese has taken care of all registration formalities, all you need to do is show up and bring your parish banner. The exact time and meeting location will not be communicated to us until about a week prior to the march, but it should be sometime around 2:00pm on one of the side streets off Fifth Avenue in the 30s. While all are welcome to ride on the float at one time or another during the March, preference will be given to those who need to ride.
For more information contact Paul Lane [email protected]
The Diocesan Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns is a committee of the Social Concerns Commission of the diocese.
The Diocesan Committee on LGBT Concerns promotes the visibility, equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning Episcopalians and their families in the diocese of New YorkThe Committee:
- Serves as a clearinghouse for ministries, services and events within the diocese for its LGBTQ members, and supports and promotes these ministries
- Partners with existing ministries that serve LGBTQ persons, such as Integrity New York, CFLAG (Clergy Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays), and the Interfaith Task Force for LGBTQ Youth
- Promotes social witness for the experiences and needs of LGBTQ Episcopalians in the diocese
- Identifies welcoming parishes within the diocese and works to engage additional parishes in the welcoming process
- Advocates for policies that promote acceptance and equality for LGBTQ persons in the diocese, the larger church, and society at large
For further information or to become more involved, please email us.